Wednesday 29 February 2012

Room 13 by Robert Swindells


A pupil from this school asked for my opinion about the last chapter of this book. I was keen to discuss it with her, so I read the book as soon as I could! It is a scary story about a group of children on a school trip. The night before they go, one of the girls has a strange dream that makes her frightened and reluctant to go on the trip. The following morning, in the light of day she feels better and changes her mind.

Many strange things happen on that trip and one of the girls becomes very ill after disappearing into Room 13 every night! A very brave group of pupils try to save her life and mystery surrounds the end of the story.

I love reading mysteries and this was no exception. You can’t beat a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment