Thursday 16 February 2012

How To Live Forever by Colin Thompson





How To Live Forever tells the story of a young boy’s quest to find a missing book, a child who holds the secret of everlasting life and a library that comes to life at night.

I think this is a great book for a number of reasons. Firstly, and probably most significantly, the illustration is amazing! Colin Thompson, the author, is a fantastic artist as well a great writer. Even though it may only take you thirty seconds to read the words on the page, it could take thirty minutes to take in everything that has been drawn because the pictures contain SO much brilliant detail! I really enjoy searching for things that I haven’t seen before, a little bit like in a Where’s Wally book! Secondly, I really like the lesson that is being taught in the book. It is a simple lesson that Peter, the main character, learns.

The book is advertised as ‘a picture book for older children’, such as those I teach, but I think children of all ages would enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment