Sunday 26 February 2012

Beatrix Potter - The Tale of Two Bad Mice


I really enjoy reading this book to my daughters because it has beautiful illustrations, the characters have great names, there is a lot of naughtiness in it and it is over one hundred years old.

There is a marvellous dolls’ house in which lives a doll called Lucinda and her cook, Jane. One morning, they leave their house in a pram and then two mice – Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca – turn up. Hunca Munca – surely the best name for a character I have ever heard!

I will not tell you what naughtiness the mice got up to next – you will have to read the book for yourself.

Let me just say that I do not think that those mice would get a sticker from me in my office - but they do ‘make up for’ their actions in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment