Tuesday 21 February 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling







Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is such a good book I have read it seven times!! This particular book is so good because it is action-packed and very exciting to read. There are flying cars, plenty of magical spells and there is enough Quidditch to last a life-time-and I do love a bit of sport!

I was lucky enough to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in the summer holidays last year and I actually met the Ford Anglia that Harry and Ron crashed on their way to Hogwarts. He was very friendly!

There are brilliant adventures in all of the Harry Potter books, but I like this one in particular because it is the first time the reader is introduced to Dobby, the House-Elf, who becomes a very close friend of Harry's and helps him in all sorts of tricky situations. Friendship is very important and is, infact, one of the Olympic Values. I think Dobby would get on very well with Wenlock and Mandeville! 

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a bit of an adventure...and a touch of magic too!

No comments:

Post a Comment